Caregiving with Confidence is a not-for-profit organization (formerly Rupert’s Land Caregiver Services) that started in 1984 as a mission of the Anglican Church. Since then it has evolved in to a dynamic organization that provides support services to caregivers in Winnipeg.
The majority of our financial support comes from the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) under the umbrella of Services to Seniors. Additional funding comes from the Diocese of Rupert’s Land and from generous donations from the community.
Caregiving with Confidence supports informal caregivers in Winnipeg.
We support caregivers by:
- Providing short term respite
- Assisting with transportation to appointments, shopping, etc.
- Providing emotional support through support groups and telephone support
- Providing caregivers and other stakeholders with educational opportunities
- Problem solving with caregivers
- Providing information and referrals
- Kelsie Dueck, Program Coordinator
- Sara Parsons, Volunteer Coordinator
- Julie Donaldson
- Diana Rasmussen
- Doreen Smith
- Barbara Tallman
- Madeline Kohut/Kathy Henderson
- Mike Goldberg